History of Our Home
The House and Chapel date back to 1611 and were built by
the owner of the farm at the time. The Chapel is a beautiful
flint and stone building and is located within the garden.
History suggests the building was last used as a Chapel in
Activities of a very different nature started during the
Second World War after the Battle of Britain when plan commenced
for the invasion of France . The house and chapel became part
of operation Hadrian and became one of the 82 advanced landing
grounds in the South of England. There were a number of British
squadrons; for example 66 Squadron, 602 `City of Glasgow '
Squadron, 19 Squadron, also 350 Belgium Squadron, and finally
two Squadrons from the Norwegian Free Air force 331 &
332 Squadron’s. The main house was used as the paymaster’s
office and flight control offices.
During the time the Norwegians were here, Crown Prince Olav
visited and stayed in the House. However we do not get a free Christmas